Meet Your Audience Where They’re At
The brands I most want to work with I start by following on social media. After all, that’s where people go to get social isn’t it?
Follow Your Dream Clients
You follow their accounts so that you can start up conversations, and I don’t mean sales conversations. I mean conversations about the weather, your dogs, and your favorite morning tea recipe.
My strategy for engaging on social is all about building a relationship first, providing value, and then, only when it seems right, talk about my services. But it all starts with going where your audience is.
Social Platforms Audience Breakdowns
To start following your dream clients, you need to know where they’re at! I know that my audience is on Instagram and Pinterest. They may dabble in other platforms but that’s where they spend most of their time, so I spend most of my time there. But I’m gonna take it a step further and tell you the demographics that are on each platform so that you can make a clear decision on where you need to show up.
- Half the global Instagram audience is under 34 years old–18-34 being the most dominant ages
- It’s pretty evenly split between male and female
- The 4 most popular app (under Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, + Messenger)
- Most popular in the Us with India close behind.
- The average user spends 53 minutes a day
- Users use Instagram to discover new products/services, research brands and make buying decisions
- It’s the top social platform for using influencer marketing
- It might surprise you to learn that the top age of users is 25-34 years old on Facebook
- While pretty evenly split, there are slightly more male users on Facebook
- India has by far the most users with the US in second
- Facebook is still the top used social media platform
- It’s almost exclusively used on mobile
- It’s the main source of news
- The highest engagement time on Facebook is Wednesday at 11 AM
- The average engagement rate is .27%
- Facebook ads have the highest CTR (Click Through Rate)
- Youtube is the second-highest video streaming site. (Netflix being number 1)
- YouTube is most popular to 15-25-year-olds but still sees high engagement from 26-55-year-olds.
- Their largest audience base is in the US
- Second, to Instagram, YouTube is one of the top platforms for influencer marketing
- 78% of marketers say that YouTube is the most effective video marketing platform
- Pinterest is used predominantly of 18-24 + 30-49 year olds
- Most of this demographic has some college education or more than a basic college education
- 41% of users make over $75K
- It is by far used more by woman than men
Create Consistency With Where You Show Up
I follow hashtags that they would use, and I use hashtags that they would follow. I engage on their account with comments, likes and DM’s that have nothing to do with my business but show my support of their brand. And most importantly, I do this EVERY. DANG. DAY!
Consistency is key to running a successful brand strategy. Which is why I dedicate at least 30-minutes a day to engage with my ideal clients on social. I also provids them the exact content they want to see–not just the content I want to create.
So, where do your customers live? What platforms do they log on to every day and are you there engaging with them? To be social, the conversation has to go both ways, so start by engaging with them first, build a relationship, create trust, and then drop that offer they can’t refuse.
Looking for more ways to connect with your audience and build engagement on social? Sign-up for my FREE 30-minute strategy call and lets get clear on your social strategy.